Training Application Process
To request a training billet, complete these steps IN ORDER to secure an approved spot. The faster you complete ALL these steps, the sooner you will have a confirmed place at the training. We don’t mark “confirm” until you have submitted a complete Training Form NSCTNG001 *or* paid online. Confirmation does not guarantee you a billet. It will be given to another who completes the requirements before you. We mark “approved” when you’ve done both. Get your 001 uploaded first, and as soon as possible.
- Step 1: ask your unit’s training officer to register you for your specific training on Magellan (unit officers have credentials for access to Magellan, parents don’t).
- Step 2: complete and sign an NSCTNG001 – this is essential, as we need those signatures and initials. Your unit’s officers must help with this and upload it to Magellan. Don’t wait!
- Step 3: upload NSCADM 001 PAGES (7 AND 8 ONLY) - REPORT OF MEDICAL HISTORY SUPPLEMENTAL to Magellan if your cadet or Staff Cadet will need to take medications during the training. Your unit’s officers must help with this. No meds? No med forms needed.
- Step 4: upload any ADA Request for Accommodation into Magellan well in advance for review, subject to approval. An approved Request for Accommodation at the home unit does not automatically apply at the training. Your unit’s officers must help with this.
- Step 5: pay the Training Fee . We have implemented an online credit card payment system which you will find at the bottom of this page. There is a service fee charge added to the training cost.
- Step 6: Review our Training Website, the Welcome Letter and join the secure Facebook training page 2020 Fort Custer Combined Training. These are the only places where updates will be posted and questions answered.
RV-MI, Military Vehicle Maintenance (MVM)
Sea Cadet Advance Training. Must have completed Recruit Training.
DB-MI, Dive, SCUBA, Basic Certification
DO NOT MAKE PAYMENT UNTIL YOU HAVE RECEIVED A CONFIRMATION EMAIL FROM MAGELLAN. ALL DOCUMENTATION MUST BE UPLOADED TO BE CONFIRMED.
Earning your NAUI Scuba Diver Certification card is an accomplishment for which you will rightfully feel proud and you will be ready to begin a lifetime of underwater adventures and discovering. Must have completed Recruit Training, be at least a Seaman Apprentice (E-2) and 14 years old by the start of training, and be a 2nd Class Swimmer.
MF-MI Tactical Medical
The mission of Tac Medical is to introduce the cadet to basic medical training in the field, basic weapons safety, and basic weapons tactical movements. Instruction will include CPR & First Aid certification, sanitation, trauma, anatomy, physiology, field medical, tactical movements, weapons safety, active shooter, and active shooter drills.
Dive Advance DA-MI
DO NOT MAKE PAYMENT UNTIL YOU HAVE RECEIVED A CONFIRMATION EMAIL FROM MAGELLAN. ALL DOCUMENTATION MUST BE UPLOADED TO BE CONFIRMED. We must have a copy of Certification Card. Any SCUBA Diver or Open Water Diver card from any of the certifying organizations is acceptible.