- Cadet/Parents must notify the Unit CO or Training Officer (TO) of their choices for training and submit the appropriate paperwork and purchase a money order payment. The unit CO or TO then registers the cadet for the desired training.
- A “registration” is only a request! The request is automatically sent to the COTC.
- COTC confirms registration; remember, a “Confirmed” billet is not finalized!
- Unit collects completed NSCTNG 001, Request for Training. Think of this as a Permission Slip .
- Cadets who are required to take prescription or over-the-counter medication during the training must submit a Medical History Supplemental (NSCADM001) to the Unit CO or TO for uploading to Magellan).
- Training deposit fees, in the form of cashier’s check or money order PAYABLE TO "USNSCC FORT CUSTER TRAINING", are forwarded to the Financial Officer, LCDR Jack Madsen by mail. LCDR Jack Madsen 5805 N. Brandon Brook Lane, Muncie, IN 47304. Include cadet's name, unit, and training code on the money order.
- COTCs will not “Approve” cadet until all paperwork and payment have been received. First Come, First Serve.
- Upon receipt of paperwork and fees, the COTC will record the payment in Magellan, which automatically “Approves” and finalizes the cadet’s orders.
- An email will be sent to the email address on file for the parent.
- Cadet Reminders:
- 1) All training orders are subject to COTC approval. 2) Cadets are not authorized to participate in training without orders in-hand. 3) The COTC will not approve registration without fees and all required paperwork. Including special forms as specified in the Details section of the listing in Magellan.
- The deposit is nonrefundable.
Cadet and Parent Responsibilities following registration for training: it is the responsibility of the parent and cadet to keep the unit CO informed of changes to the cadet’s profile information (e-mail, address, phone, emergency contact, etc.), particularly any change in medical or physical status. In addition, it is the cadet's responsibility to download and read the Welcome Letter and Sea Bag List.