Training Application Process
To request a training billet, complete these steps IN ORDER to secure a confirmed spot. The faster you complete ALL these steps, the sooner you will have a confirmed place at the training. We don’t mark “confirm” until you have submitted a complete Training Form NSCTNG001 *or* paid online. We mark “approved” when you’ve done both. Get your 001 uploaded first, and as soon as possible.
- Step 1: ask your unit’s training officer to register you for your specific training on Magellan (unit officers have credentials for access to Magellan, parents don’t).
- Step 2: complete and sign an NSCTNG001 – this is essential, as we need those signatures and initials. Your unit’s officers must help with this and upload it to Magellan. Don’t wait!
- Step 3: upload documentation to Magellan of any medications that your cadet (or Staff Cadet) will take during the training. Your unit’s officers must help with this. No meds? No med forms needed.
- Step 4: upload any ADA Request for Accommodation into Magellan well in advance for review, subject to approval. An approved Request for Accommodation at the home unit does not automatically apply at the training. Your unit’s officers must help with this.
- Step 5: pay the registration fee for the training. We have implemented an online credit card payment system this year, which you will find at the bottom of this page. There is a service fee charge added to the training cost. If you choose not to pay on line, you must mail a money order (no personal checks accepted) payable to: USNSCC - FORT CUSTER TRAINING to LCDR Jack Madsen, 5805 N. Brandon Brook Lane, Muncie, IN 47304.
- Step 6: Review our Training Website, the Welcome Letter and join the secure Facebook training page 2019 Fort Custer Traininig. These are the only places where updates will be posted and questions answered.
- The Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and RTIL: In accordance with ADA, requests for reasonable accommodation MUST be provided in advance for review with the Navy. Simply requesting a reasonable accommodation DOES NOT AUTOMATICALLY IMPLY APPROVAL. An ADA Accommodation for your home unit DOES NOT APPLY at Fort Custer. You must reapply for an Accommodation with submission of orders but definitely NO LATER THAN 1JUL19.
LB-MI, Navy League Orientation (NLO) & Approved Staff Cadets
LP-MI, NL Leadership Academy
RV-MI, Military Vehicle Maintenance (MVM)
Sea Cadet Advance Training. Must have completed Recruit Training.
DB-MI, Dive, SCUBA, Basic Certification
DO NOT MAKE PAYMENT UNTIL YOU HAVE RECEIVED A CONFIRMATION EMAIL FROM MAGELLAN. ALL DOCUMENTATION MUST BE UPLOADED TO BE CONFIRMED.
Earning your NAUI Scuba Diver Certification card is an accomplishment for which you will rightfully feel proud and you will be ready to begin a lifetime of underwater adventures and discovering. Must have completed Recruit Training, be at least a Seaman Apprentice (E-2) and 14 years old by the start of training, and be a 2nd Class Swimmer.
MF-MI Field Medical
The mission of Field Medical is to introduce the cadet to basic medical training in the field, basic weapons safety, and basic weapons tactical movements. Instruction will include CPR & First Aid certification, sanitation, trauma, anatomy, physiology, field medical, tactical movements, weapons safety, active shooter, and active shooter drills.
AX-MI Aviation (Other)
In this virtual training program, you will start with ground school and work your way up through piston and turboprop aircraft as you progress to jets like the F-18 and the infamous F-14 Tomcat among others. Cadets will continuously be challenged in many ways to not just fly the aircraft but learn Real World aviation procedures and communications.
During the training, you will be able to share your passion for aviation with fellow Sea Cadets through the online world of virtual aviation and combat. This training platform aligns perfectly with the STEM areas of education. Additionally, cadets and officers learn naval aviation procedures both from shore stations and carriers.